Pages

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Stuffed Portabellas with a Tomato Sauce-Whole30 approved

Our Whole30 group starts in t-minus 1.5 days.  I don't know about you, but I have been eating things I don't normally eat because I know I won't be able to eat it for 30 days.  Crazy I know!  A woman in this group said she was doing the same thing and said we're not supposed to gain 15 lbs before we start the reset!  I agree.  Last night, I tried this recipe to see if it was tasty enough to apply it to our meal plan and it was.  My family loved it and I hope you all do too!

Stuffed Portabellas

6 large portabellas
13 oz lump crab meat, here is the brand I used
3/4 lb andouille sausage, cooked and casing removed-make sure no sugar
1/2 cup parsley chopped
4 green onions, chopped
1/2-3/4 cup homemade mayo or mayo with no sugar
2 garlic cloves minced
1tsp Hungarian paprika
salt and pepper to taste
olive oil


Preheat oven 400 degrees. 
Mix all ingredients together in mixing bowl.  Brush the tops of the mushrooms with olive oil and place on bake ware (I used a 9x13 stoneware).  Divide mixture up evenly among the 6 portabellas.  Season with salt and ground pepper.  Bake for 20 mins.
Serve on top of Tomato Sauce with raw zucchini slices on the side. 

No comments:

Post a Comment