Pages

Friday, September 6, 2013

Day 6 of the Whole30

It's Friday everyone and we are headed in to the weekend! This will be the first weekend in the Whole30 and schedules are busy.  So how do we do this with soccer games, flag football and even KU's first football game of the season?  Hot Dog any one?  But seriously, let's talk a little about dining out and portion control. 

"It doesn't matter how much I eat because it is all good food."  Have you said this to yourself?  The reason for the free meal planning template is to help with portion control.  People over eat.  To the point where our bodies do not know when they need to stop eating.  How many times have you sat in front of the T.V. and went through a whole bag of chips with out realizing it?  How many of you get bored and want to change something with what you're doing, so you eat?  Me.  Right here! I have done it.  I see my kids do it too!  Portion control is important.  Our body needs to be able to tell us when we are full.  If we over eat, that doesn't happen.  It's interesting too, because we tend to become anxious when told we can't eat more than a certain amount.  Like we won't be able to eat just three hours later or that we aren't going to have another meal. Ever.  I encourage you to try your very best to stick to the template.  If you are nursing or pregnant, you need the calories, eat when your body says it needs fuel. 

Dining out can be tricky on the Whole30.  Just be sure to ask questions and be aware of what you are eating.  No one expects you to stay in your house for 30 days and cook every single meal.  Shoot, I have already eaten at Chipotle twice on this plan.  Yeah me! 

Remember, this is about looking at food differently.  Not about subsituting acceptable ingredients for bad ingredients.  It is about completely changing how you approach food.  Does it taking planning ahead?  You sure bet it does.  Does it mean you have to pay attention and not shrug off what your food is made of?  Yes, it does.  Our bodies are either living or dying.  My hope for you all is that you will have a renewed sense of health and more life to your body.  I ran today from point A to point B and didn't get tired.  I usually joke that the only reason any one should ever run is if they are being chased.  Really though, I would have been doubled over somewhere along the run, just ask my husband.   He doesn't ever see me run.

I hope you all have a great weekend!  Tell me what you are doing different, are you feeling your body restoring back to health?

No comments:

Post a Comment