Pages

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Mango Salsa-Whole30 approved

This salsa is great on fish, chicken or over a Cuban-style stir fry.  I dislike cutting mango, but I have purchased one of these mango wedgers and I love it!  Target and Bed Bath and Beyond have them too.

Mango Salsa

1 mango, cut into small pieces
1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
2 TB (small handful) of cilantro leaves, chopped
Juice of a lime
Salt and Pepper to taste

Some people do not like to use salt.  I normally will not use a ton of it in any of my cooking.  I will however, use it when I am cooking with an acid (like a lime).  The salt will bring the acid intensity up to a nice flavor and make it spring on the tip of your tongue.  If you are one who omits salt, be sure to try it in this recipe and see what I mean!

No comments:

Post a Comment