Pages

Monday, December 30, 2013

Chicken Curry-Whole30 approved

Curry is a favorite in our house.  My husband went to India for a business trip and brought back some spices for me.  I have really enjoyed using them and am sad to say, I have used them all up!  Curry is so versatile, you can add it to any dish and come up with something yummy.  I make steamed broccoli with this dish and will add it to the curry or leave it on the side.

Coconut Chicken Curry

1 TB coconut oil
1 lb chicken breast, diced
1 small onion, chopped
1-2 TB yellow curry
1-2 cans Coconut milk (I buy this one)

Heat cast iron to med-high heat.   Cook chicken breast in coconut oil till done, add onions and cook till fragrant and onions are translucent.  Add curry, mix completely and cook for additional 2 minutes.  Pour coconut milk into the mixture and be sure to scrap bottom of the pan and blend thoroughly.  Serve hot over rice*.

*omit rice for Whole30

No comments:

Post a Comment