Pages

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Happy Father's Day! My Clean Cherry Pie

Every June we like to go and pick cherries from an orchard nearby.  I usually freeze the cherries for the winter time.  Sometimes I will take them and add them to my water with lemon and have a "cherry lemonade".  Other times, I make this pie.  My 8 year old son, who looks forward to it, asked me when I was going to make the pie.  So I decided to make it for Father's Day. I hope your family enjoys it as much as we do!

Cherry Pie
4 cups of pie cherries, pitted and cleaned
1 cup of honey
4 TB of arrowroot powder
1/2 tsp of pure vanilla
1/4 tsp of pure almond extract
pinch of sea salt

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

Mix arrowroot, salt, honey, vanilla, and almond, let rest for 15 mins.  Line a pie plate with your own pie crust or make this one.  Pour the cherry mixture onto the crust and then top with another crust.  Flute edges if desired, cut vents to allow air to escape.  Cover the crust with a pie crust shield to keep edges from burning. 

Cook for 10 minutes at 450, then turn down to 350 and cook an additional 30 mins.



No comments:

Post a Comment